ANNIE: Grace Farmer
ANNIE UNDERSTUDY: Cecily De Gooyer
PEPPER: Laura Vivian
DUFFY: Shontelle O’Connor / Jessica Geyer
JULY: Phoebe Collins / Taya Cameron
TESSIE: Cecily De Gooyer / Lyra Lockhart
KATE: Ruby Kuhne / Emelia Licciardi
MOLLY: Indigo Aurora
Tilly Richmond, Tennessee Crimp
Annabelle Birt, Chloe Stoops
OLIVER WARBUCKS: Tim Gesell
GRACE FARRELL: Kerryn Moren
MISS HANNIGAN: Michelle Dal Masetto
ROOSTER: Brad Boucher
LILY ST. REGIS: Kiarna Smith
PRESIDENT ROOSEVELT: Bruce Grainger
BERT HEALY: John Molden
Eleanor Scott, Sophie Clarkson, Ashley Geary
Maya Williams, Kasey Stoops, Cayli Lane,
Amy Burgess, Chloe Fox
Melinda Licciardi, Michelle Burgess, Louise Adkins, Brittany Carlson,
Julie Curtis, Kerrie Tudor, Kathy Pegler, Melita Tough, Lea Crimp,
Amy Tudor, Sirahnn Barker, Nicole Cooper, Nikki Stockdale,
Vincent Trease, Alex Swan, Billy Wilson, Nick Carlson, Scott Lawrence
SANDY (DOG): Remmi Hemming
- To create happiness! To touch, move and inspire people.
- To encourage teamwork, creativity, develop communication and social skills.
- To develop self-confidence and a sense of belonging and acceptance for the participants.
- To foster, encourage and develop new and existing talent (particularly for children) in the South Gippsland community.
- To create a sense of community and pride in local achievement.
PERFORMANCE DATES - 2018
Venue– Mesley Hall, 1 Nerrena Road Leongatha
Opening - Fri July 6th at 7.30; Sat July 7 at 1.30 & 7.30; Sun July 8 at 1.30
Thurs July 12th at 7.30; Fri July 13th at 7.30; Sat July 14th at 1.30 & 7.30; Sun July 15th at 1.30
Thur July 19th at 7.30; Fri July 20th at 7.30; Sat July 21st at 1.30 & 7.30
Because the quality and integrity of the show is dependent on the commitment of its cast please be aware all cast need to be prepared to commit to ALL REHEARSALS and PERFORMANCES for the entire rehearsal period. ANNIE is a large and detailed production that will require time and dedication to achieve performance standard.
REHEARSAL SCHEDULES will be provided at regular intervals via EMAIL.
All rehearsals will start at the scheduled time with a warm up. Arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time. Please do some vocal singing warm up before arriving.
Dress requirement for rehearsal: Comfortable clothing with covered shoes, no bare feet or thongs. Rehearsal shoes for characters to be advised once rehearsals commence.
You will be required to purchase a Hoodie to promote ANNIE.
- Cast ‘Meet and Great’: Friday 24th November 6-8pm, Eagger Studio, 13 Watson Rd, Leongatha. All cast required.
- Rehearsals will commence Sunday 11th February 2018.
- Compulsory Workshop Weekend with visiting coaches: Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th February 10 – 5pm each day.
- Weekly rehearsals will be held:
- Monday 7- 10pm - Adults
- Thursday 6 – 8pm Kids, 7 – 10pm Adults
- Sunday 12 – 5pm – All cast
- As rehearsals progress all cast will need to be available for all rehearsal times
- Rehearsals will be suspended over the Easter break from Friday 30th March resuming Thursday 5th April 2018.
- No rehearsal Mother’s Day Sunday 13th May 2018
- A further rehearsal weekend will be held for all cast from 10am to 6pm Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th of May 2018, times to be advised.
- All cast required to be available every night during production week rehearsals from Saturday 30th June through to opening night, exact dates and times to be advised.
Director: Kerryn Lockhart
Associate Director: Kerrie Giles
Choreographer: Lisa Pellin
Musical Director: Daniel Moldrich
Set and Costume Design: Colin Mitchell
Production Manager: Ann Hemming
Hair Design: Kerrin Barker
1933 and the depths of the Great Depression. Annie (11 years old) is living in the Municipal Orphanage on New York's Lower East Side. Miss Hannigan is the principal in charge of the orphanage and needs no lessons on being compared to the wicked witch of the West. Annie decides to escape and try to find her parents. Naturally this proves unsuccessful. However, Grace Farrell, secretary to the millionaire Oliver Warbucks is searching for an orphan that she might invite back to the Warbucks' household to celebrate Christmas.
Despite Warbucks' initial disappointment that Grace has not found a boy, Oliver Warbucks takes to her and institutes a nationwide search to try to find Annie’s real parents. Miss Hannigan interferes and primes her brother Rooster and his girlfriend, Lily, suggesting that they claim Annie as their daughter and thus the reward that goes with the information.
Meanwhile Annie is in Washington cheering up the president, Franklin D Roosevelt. However, Rooster and Lily turn up at the Warbucks' and claim Annie - and the reward. Grace, however, has seen Rooster at Miss Hannigan's office and smells a rat. Subsequently the couple's fraudulent claim is exposed - at the same time it is discovered that Annie's parents had, in fact, died some time ago. Warbucks plans to adopt Annie and her fellow orphans are invited back to the Warbucks' home to share in the festival of Christmas - just as America looks forward to future prosperity in the wake of the depression.